Sunday, June 8, 2008


Bob and I set out for a 10 miler today. He left about 25 minutes before I did, so I knew that I would see him at some point. I am still sketchy about running when it is too dark because the potential of confronting of snakes is pretty high. I don't know what it is, but I have seen more snakes here in the last couple of weeks than I have in years. So I am going to be REALLY queer and post my run in pics. It was supposed to be a long, slow distance...but it actually ended up more of a moderated tempo run. It was fantastic, and I get to this warm and silky smooth place within my soul on mornings like these; when I feel so damned grateful to be alive to smell the jasmine that grows rampant along my route. The honeysuckle are on their way out for the season, so the overripe sweetness hangs in the air like a grandmother's perfume. It's all just so much in it's simplicity, that I can't fathom a greater emotion--but for the love I have for my husband and children.


No comments: