Friday, June 6, 2008

Treadmill Blues

It's so horrifically hot and humid outside, that I am resigned to going into the gym in a couple of hours to do my run on the treadmill. I also have to do legs, chest and shoulders, so I will be there for awhile. I DESPISE the treadmill. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Have I mentioned how much I also despise Microsoft Vista???? But that is a whole other bitch session I won't subject you to.

I have the saddest of news. Bob and I did not get into the New York city marathon. Bummer. WE were going to defer it, and run it as my 40th birthday celebration in 2009. Who knows, maybe we will make in next year. Bob has done it several times, so I don't think he is quite as disappointed as I am. But oh well, it was only my first time applying.

Even sadder--we have to remove this gorgeous, majestic water oak tree in the backyard. We live on over half an acre, and this thing is so huge, it helps to shade the pool in the summer months when even the pool water is hot. It's root system is growing into the paving around the pool, and compromising the foundation of our house itself. The tree surgeon said that tree could be as old as 400 years old. I feel such incredible guilt about it, but I can't mess with the house. We are going to be here at least for the next 15 years.

I am going to have to remember to take the camera for my run this weekend so that I may post the beautiful St. John's river in all its pristine glory for this blog. If I can get my lazy ass up early enough to get there at sunrise--meaning I will have to run in the darkness for the several miles to the river...getting to the river at sunrise is a sight to behold. We shall see. My only fear is running into another black snake fiesta and not being able to visualize it until I am right there in it.

Kids are out of school, can't say if this is a good or bad thing yet.

Talked to Kathy about our high school reunion this year. I think we may just go.

No comments: