Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tempo Runs KICK ASS

So I joined Facebook FINALLY, and oh what an anthill I disturbed! I don't know whether to be overjoyed or dubious. I was able to make some apologies for past indiscretions, and I was able to reconnect with people I love. I can see how it can become an addiction, but I am so busy and distracted, I think I will be o.k.
I embarked on a 3.5 mile tempo (accelerated) run today. I modified it. I made it even faster. I did the 3.5 at an 8:15 pace--I felt fantastic, and I was still able to sing along to "Smack My Bitch Up"--Prodigy. I think this is the fastest I have run in awhile, and it plants the seeds of speedtraining inside my psyche. Who wants to be fast versus who wants the longest distance without blowing a brain artery? I really need to incorporate the speed training back into my schedule, and my crosstraining has fallen by the wayside.
I have my last mary in May. If I do the triathlon Bob wants me to do, I am introducing all the other shit I have given up BACK into my schedule. Where the hell am I going to find all of this? I have to add a 20-mile cycle into the weekend with a long run on Sunday.
Whatever. I always figure out a way. I miss explosive training.

No comments: