Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Priorities, Priorities

I set out to run this past Saturday morning without any plan of action. I decided to let my legs decide, so I only ended up doing 7.15........a slow 7.15. My legs were incredibly heavy and when I returned home, I lamented to my husband. I received no sympathy. He told me the S3 class has probably fatigued my leg muscles so much, that I just don't have the energy to do those long distances I covet so much. He said I never give my legs a chance to rest. The next morning I went on a scheduled 20 mile bike, and damn it all to hell, it happened again. I know he's right. I have to make a decision about S3, and it isn't as hard as I thought. Running is my priority--pure and simple. S3 is only a short-term program to jettison one into shape. Well, I am in shape. I have to complete the month of April since I already paid for the class, but after this--it's me and the road, baby.

We fell onto some good fortune this weekend, and so I have no fear about these birthdays coming up--three of my daughters within 3 weeks of each other! It's almost as bad as Xmas. There won't be any parties, but kids can have kids sleep over if they want. And of course there will be cake, lol! My son is deep in the throes of the terrible twos and what a stubborn one he is! He is literally running the house at this point, and I suspect a visit from Supernanny any day now.

No comments: