Thursday, April 17, 2008

Naptime Quickie.

I got the baby down for a nap, and I am just waiting to take my final exam in a few days. I am totally prepared for it. So I get to steal a few moments to blog. I know my BMI and my body fat composition. They are within normal range. In order for me to increase my lean muscle mass, I have to lose about 5-10 pounds of fat. I can't possibly add any more workouts to my already overloaded routine. For example, yesterday I was up at dawn for a 5k....then to the gym for back, shoulders and core for over an hour, and then the bike for 5 miles. Then I returned to the gym in the early evening to swim a little over half a mile. Today I had the S-3, and I am sore sore sore. I have to get in a long run tomorrow morning (preferably 7 if my schedule allows), and then to the gym later for triceps, biceps, chest and core. After my S-3 cycle ends, I have to add more hamstrings, dead lifts and extensions into the mix....in addition to spin, runs, and swims. YARGGGHHH! See what I am talking about? All this with six children and school. I have to do it if I am going to be more efficient. But I have to say my hamstrings and ass are looking fantastic--the man also noticed, so this is a really good thing.

The good news is, my swimming is a hell of a lot better than I gave myself credit for. I completed that swim in about 17 minutes. The sprint triathlon swim is a quarter of a mile in the ocean. I have to breathe with every stroke because it is so freaking aerobic. I am hoping the buouncy of the salt water will help a little to save the legs--fishtail as opposed to kicking so much. Either way, it is what it is and I just gotta do it. My biggest fear is the bike! I get nervous when I am biking in a group; it's a lot more challenging than driving in commuter traffic.
ANYWAY, I digress. My original point was, I have to build the lean muscle mass and the answer is diet. I have to change my diet. WAHHHHH! I thought the point of all my endeavors was a good reason to be able to eat whatever I want? How do I even go about this? Is this going to be the measuring of everything I put into my mouth? Making sure I have the right serving size, the right number of this food group, the removal of that kind of fat...?

It all sounds so very complicated. Am I really ready to add this extra feature into my already overloaded lifestyle? Is it possible? I wish they had a show like the Biggest Loser that caters to nonoverweight people trying to get better conditioned--like Fittest Loser.

5 comments:

J&RO said...

Just remember the recovery part of all this. It's just as important for gaining lean mass as the excercises.

Where do you find all the time to do all this?! Freakin' Super Woman!

That's why you ROCK!

SwanSongGirl said...

Thanks, but do I know you?

J&RO said...

Yes. I can't remember the password for "johnny". So I had to get a new name. J and RO.

And you're welcome.;)

SwanSongGirl said...

OMG you are such a doofus. Miss talking to you, but I can't say I miss RWOL.

soleslide said...

OMG! That is some training schedule. My wife would throw me out if I started devoting so much time to the gym and running and squash...