Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WTF?

So I did the explosive training class today, and several of the participants were raving about how they lost body fat percentages and pounds. Me? I got nuttin'. Well, to be fair, I did lose 5 pounds while I was sick--but I can't count those because they were pounds I lost when I was ill. So tomorrow I am having my body fat measured. I am sure it will be an eye-opener. The instructor totally kicked our asses today with relay after relay of sprints and sledding. My lungs were burning, but I am starting to feel something new in my stride. I think the pelvis is working more when I run, so it propels me a little more efficiently.

I HAVE to get my distance back. These little 3 and 5 milers aren't cutting it. When marathon season rolls around again, I want to shave some significant time off. Swimming begins here shortly, and then the triathlons. LORD HELP ME. I can't afford to get sick again. The Goofy Challenge and the Miami ING are already paid for.

Meanwhile, I received a 98 on my midterm exam yesterday. Back to the books and finish this garbage so I can get my business off the ground. I love the thought of not having to answer to anybody but myself.

I received the best compliment today, I just have to post this because when I am feeling down, I can go to this blog and get a quickie high. This lady was lamenting in class today that she was getting too old to do some of the things we were doing, and how she should get some leeway for her age. She believed she was the oldest lady in the class! Someone asked her how old she was, and she said "33" and she looked at me and asked how old I was. When I told her I was 38, she said, "Are you kidding? I thought you were like 28!!" "I guess I am not the oldest one here."

YAY!!! 28!!!!! I will TAKE IT!!!

1 comment:

soleslide said...

Mom of six and all the rest too! Thats a seriously hectic life you have there.