Sunday, March 16, 2008

SICK!

OK, so I have been sick for weeks now and the crud just won't go away. My husband is sick of my sickness, and has insisted I get some antibiotics today. I sound like a wounded seal when I cough, and I am a snot factory. Scrumptious.

The theme of today's blog is (other than "sick") is--PEOPLE WHO THINK THE INTERNET IS REAL. Just so you know, the internet is a place where you can be whomever you want...say whatever you want...be someone you aren't usually. I see this on a site I go to daily. It really makes me giggle when I see people take themselves so seriously and make judgement calls about people they have never met or interacted with. There are virtual grudges, virtual bullying, virtual crushes, etc. It amuses me to no end. Anyone can be "strong" behind a username, but I betcha when it comes to real life, they aren't so bold. You can take those online alliances, cliques and the like and shove it up your virtual ass. There. I addressed it.

I gotta grab a cup of coffee. I haven't run in three days. I was supposed to bike 17 today, but my hurting lungs are preventing me from doing much of anything. My soon-to-be 8-year-old is kicking my butt in Guitar Hero Three, all the kids are up and televisions and iPods and radios are on all over the house. Gotta start the day and kick this illness silly...if that is self-absorbed, well then BOOYA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sick has just been going around Florida!! Its awful I just got over it. :P Hopefully you'll get over it soon and can start running again, I know it put me back.

Johnny said...

Hope you know I'm always real!

Hope you get over the crud soon. Sucks not to be able to go all out when you want.