Monday, September 29, 2008

Full Weekend

I had two of the best runs this weekend. No pain, just power. I did the three on Saturday and five on Sunday with a good friend. It's nice to mix things up and run with another person. The time just flew by--we talked about anything and everything. The weather was in the high sixties, and we counted our blessings about what a wonderful morning it was. I got pretty much all of my upper body weight training completed, and I did a huge core session on Saturday. Today will be a day of rest, and I plan on taking my son to the park.

Tomorrow we have speed training again, and I already have a lump in my throat about it! It's been a couple of weeks, and you never forget how challenging it is. Just sitting here anticipating the breathlessness conjures thoughts of fear, lol!! This is important. I have to keep reminding myself that this is all par for course with my ambitions. I can't believe I have my first half-marathon of the season next weekend!!!

No comments: