Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Intervals and Fay--Yuck

Like a big dumbass, I worked out my legs yesterday with some serious squats and hamstring exercise. I didn't realize I hadn't worked those for over a week, and thus I am sore as hell and my speed training suffered for it. 800X400, 600X200, 800X400, 600X200, 800X400 and then 400X200. I was SLA--OOWWWWW. Needless to say, I was last in the group today. Oh well, what can you do?

And then there's Fay. We are expected to feel the effects of this storm sometime in the late afternoon, early evening. About 5 inches of rain is expected, and some wind gusts will be 60 mph. This really isn't such a big deal, except that we live in an area NOTORIOUS for power outages with any little breeze. Even though our wiring is underground, the main thoroughfare where the electrical stations and boxes are is heavily canopied with the huge water oaks you see so much of in North Florida. I have a pic on this blog that presents an example. Six kids and two yippy dogs in this heat does not a superfun party make. We have a generator. I am expecting at least a few hours without power.

For my fellow Floridians, be safe.

1 comment:

cmmoore said...

Hope you and yours are safe, LA. Thinking of you!