Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shoulders

Getting some. Pretty cool. I can definitely see the definition there and surprisingly, in my triceps. I make it a point to do weight training and core at least 4-5 days out of the week.

In other news, my husband missed a triathlon he has won (divisional) the last three years. In order to economize, and keep up with birthday parties, soccer games, etc...it was inevitable. Parenthood comes up and bites you in the ass. Take your whippings and move forward. I promised him no more races until the Tour De Pain (not counting my debut tri in June). Then I have settled on a new goal. Since we are doing the Goofy Challenge, that automatically knocks that opportunity of a PR...we are just racing to finish. So then I have the Miami marathon in January...if I can recover from the Goofy and keep my mileage up, I will attempt to shave 15 minutes off my marathon time. And I really think if I stay in the shape I am, and continue S3 training, that I may be able to pull it off.

BUT THE ULTIMATE GOAL? Now that I have conquered a new 5k time? Definitely the half marathon, and Thanksgiving Day may be the day. Love that distance to pieces.

Negative splits on my last three long distance runs, and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel great except for the pinched nerve in my right shoulder. I need to get a MRI, I just don't want to have to pay for it.

1 comment:

J&RO said...

Look at you, all "becoming an all around elite athlete"! Sounds like you have a pretty busy summer lined up. Bet you'll be rockin' the bikini though!

I'm going the opposite direction. I had a really crappy 10k two weeks ago, skipped all last week for blisters (wore the WRONG shoes and socks) and injured my shoulder, possibly rotator cuff, doing combatives.

Keep up te good work, sista!