Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So Let's See If I Can Find Time To Blog





St. John's river on the day of the Gate River Run, national 15K championship.










One more thing on the computer that is going to piss my husband off...but I have so many thoughts I would like to save for later, so this has got to be an option for me. I had my S3 class today (explosive training). This is supposed to make me a better sprinter, triathlete, etc. I did find a connection with the purpose of this training today, when I found myself pushing to the end of each exercise, rather than just slowly depleting like I usually do. I visualized the finish line, even though depending on the exercise (like sledding, for example) you can't always see it until you are there. But I kept the image of the finish line before my eyes in spirit...and it really worked. I brushed aside the fatigue and rallied to the end. I have to do this in a race. One of the participants talked about how she was losing weight with this training. I haven't, which is ok; because with all the other activity I have incorporated into my training schedule, I am no longer counting calories.Little epiphanies are probably why I want to blog. So I can grab hold of them later, and with my pseudo-Alzheimers', I need all the help I can get. I am a little bummed I can't do the St. Patty's 10K this weekend, I am feeling strong after just "jogging" the Gate River Run over the weekend. Kids have soccer games, and I musn't be selfish. Although I am so very selfish about my running; it is such an integral part of who I am and who I am still becoming.

3 comments:

Johnny said...

I get to be your first blog fan! It has a great name, by the way.

The S3 training sounds really intense. I wish they had something like it here, but for now we're stuck with stadium steps, sprints, and FARTLEK runs. I read a little about it in one of the many local publications while I was at the hospital with Dad.

Good luck with it!

SwanSongGirl said...

Blah, Johnny...it is hard stuff I am TELLING you. I think it will help...we shall see...

cmmoore said...

You go, FP!! :) I will add this to my list of blogs to read. :-)

Keep up the great work, lady. You are awesome.