Saturday, March 29, 2008

I am now a BRUNETTE

YES! I took the plunge and dyed my hair a deep chocolate brown. It is a love it or hate it kinda thing. Don't think the hubby is too crazy about it, but I got compliments at the gym today. Now I am going to grow it out long again and see what happens.

Little boys are the funniest creatures; and as my son ages, I can only wonder at the fiascos this little man is going to find himself in. I took my soon-to-be 8 year old daughter to her soccer game this morning. She played offense for awhile, and then the coach placed her as goalie. Well, unfortunately Samantha was too busy trying to get my attention and she allowed the other team to score their only goal of the game. One of her teammates, a fiesty little fellow named Alex, asked Samantha how many seasons she has been playing. She told him "five", and the then she asked him how many he had played. He retorted without hesitation, "Your buttcrack season." Ah, how boys will be boys. I am sure his mother is very proud.

So I had a crappy 3.5 mile run yesterday. The pollen is so thick in the air, I had spiderwebs in my lungs. I actually had to stop several times. The good news is, we are expecting rain tonight and in the morning. That ought to help clear the air a bit, and make for nicer running...especially since we are now in the 80's temperature-wise.

My husband and I are looking to save pennies since the economy is so tanked out, and our investments aren't returning like they used to. So I actually had to bite the bullet and pick out recipes for the next month to plan a menu. This way, I go to the store with a detailed list of ingredients I need, and I don't buy anything that deviates from the list. We saved about 40% of what we usually do at the grocery store. Hopefully all the kids enjoy this more regimented system, as they will be eating less frozen "convenience" meals, and more homemade meals.

I am researching triathlon suits. I need to start swimming. It looks as if I am going to have to order one online, and I just hate that idea. I am more worried about the "girls" and the chafing after the skin. I bet I get seconds added to my transitions by abusing the Body Glide!

Ciao for now:).

2 comments:

GB said...

You studette! I so badly want to do a triathlon, but I have to get that swimming technique down first. It's something I'll work on this summer.

Okay, where are the pics of your new 'do??? Let's see! You must have that perfect skin tone that allows you to wear any hair color. Ugh, I hate you! ;)

And cooking, it's a love-hate thing for me. I hate the prep and the clean up, but I love to eat what I cook (cuz it's not half bad).

I bet your family enjoys your cooking. :)

Preston said...

Good idea about the recipes when going shopping for food. Anything that saves money is a good thing.