Monday, March 31, 2008

Children and Other Bad Habits

The kids are on Spring Break and my 14-year-old wanted to go to the gym with me today. She ran for a total of ten minutes, slowly cycled for fewer than that--and then she asked me what time we were leaving. Needless to say, I didn't get a very good workout in. I do have my S3 class tomorrow, so maybe today's lighter work-out is a blessing in disguise.

OH! I did get my body fat measured and I was pleasantly surprised. Lower than the average, and lower than what I thought. So I will get remeasured after the triathlon season and we shall see how things sit from there. The only possible way to lower my body fat at this point is to modify my diet significantly. I thought the point of running was that you could eat whatever you want!!

Schoolwork calls me...check back later....

1 comment:

soleslide said...

Atmy gym there is a kid who comes in with his dad a lot of times. Half the time his dad is trying to get him to stroll on the treadmill without attaching headphones to the TV set.

The guy could not be bothered to even break a sweat and he is not more than 15 years old. Why can't he go and play football or cricket or tennis or any other sport for crying out loud??? He has no disability. Just a lazy bum!

I say you got lucky with your kid in the gym.